Due 21 Dec 2011. Application at www.usmc-mccs.org/sports.
R 122110Z OCT 11
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCRC QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2012 (FY12) ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) OPPORTUNITIES FOR ENLISTED MARINES//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1001.52J/YMD: 20110606//
REF/B/DOC/NAVMC 11754/YMD: 20110601//
REF/C/CMC RAP/YMD: 20110728//
REF/D/CMC RAP/YMD: 20110928//
NARR/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER REGARDING AR SUPPORT TO THE RESERVE COMPONENT (RC). REF B IS THE CO/PSR INTERVIEW SCREENING GUIDE FOR THE ACTIVE RESERVE PROGRAM. REF C IS THE FORECASTED FY12 AR ENLISTED RECRUITING MISSION. REF D IS MARADMIN 565/11 ANNOUNCINGFY12 BONUS ELIGIBILITY FOR NEW AR PROGRAM AFFILIATIONS.//
It has been a few months since I began the process of accessing from the Active Reserve program into the Active Component, and I wanted to make a quick post about he difficulty I have had since that time.
I was denied seperation from my current component formally with a denied DD368 twice. I was told to wait until I was within 90 of EAS and was again denied. I was then told to wait until 45 days prior to my EAS and it was approved. Keep in mind that when you are a member of the Active Reserve you must seek approval for you seperation directly from the program managers at Reserve Affaris Manpower – 2 (RAM-2).
I am now less than 40 days from EAS and separation and must some how complete all of the required processes including a DD2808 physical that is a MEPS physical, but you can not do this at a MEPS because you are already a member of the military, so you must talk a military hospital into completing this form that they are not suppose to complete.
After I complete this form I must babysit my package through 8 levels of command and then 3 levels of screening in order to be boarded, which only occurs once a month. So if I am very very lucky I may get my package to the PSEP manager before the July board. If I am even more lucky I will actually be approved to join the Active Component, even though only 12 Marines have been accessed this year into the PSEP program.
Wish me luck. I am now preparing for separation in light of the seeming insurmountable administrative mountain of bureaucracy.
Date Signed: 6/24/2011
MARADMIN Active Number: 362/11 2011
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/IMPLEMENTATION GUIDANCE FOR RANK AND DOR ADJUSTMENTS OF AR ENLISTED ACCESSIONS//
POC/G. A. BRENNAN/SSGT/UNIT:HQMC RAM/-/TEL:703-784-0537 TEL:DSN 278-0537/ EMAIL:[email protected]//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. PURPOSE. THIS MARADMIN PUBLISHES IMPLEMENTATION GUIDANCE REGARDING RANK AND DATE OF RANK ADJUSTMENTS FOR NEW ENLISTED ACCESSIONS TO THE ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) PROGRAM THROUGHOUT THE REMAINDER OF FY11.
2. BACKGROUND. REFERENCE (A) WAS SIGNED ON 6 JUNE 2011, ESTABLISHING A POLICY CHANGE FOR NEW ACCESSIONS ON THE AR PROGRAM. SPECIFICALLY, REFERENCE (A) CANCELS REFERENCE (B), ESTABLISHES POLICY FOR APPROPRIATELY ADJUSTING RANKS IN CONJUNCTION WITH ACCESSION ON THE AR PROGRAM, AND REFERS TO DATE OF RANK ADJUSTMENT CRITERIA PUBLISHED ANNUALLY VIA MARADMIN.
A. RANK ADJUSTMENTS. SERGEANTS WITH LESS THAN 4 YEARS ACTIVE DUTY TIME WILL BE ACCESSED AT THE RANK OF CORPORAL.
B. DATE OF RANK ADJUSTMENTS.
(1) MARINES LATERALLY MOVING TO ANOTHER MOS WILL HAVE A DATE OF RANK EQUAL TO THEIR DATE OF ACCESSION ON THE AR PROGRAM. THE EXCEPTION IS SERGEANTS REDUCED TO CORPORAL IN CONJUNCTION WITH ACCESSION, WHO WILL HAVE A DATE OF RANK DETERMINED PER SUBPARAGRAPH (4) BELOW. DIRECTOR, RESERVE AFFAIRS IS THE WAIVER AUTHORITY.
(2) ACTIVE COMPONENT MARINES WILL RETAIN THEIR DATE OF RANK IF ACCESSED WITHIN 90 DAYS OF SEPARATION.
(3) ALL RESERVE COMPONENT CORPORALS AND LANCE CORPORALS, TO INCLUDE THOSE SEPARATED FROM THE ACTIVE COMPONENT 90 DAYS OR MORE, WILL BE ASSIGNED A DATE OF RANK EQUAL TO THEIR DATE OF ACCESSION.
(4) MARINES WHO ARE SERGEANTS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION AND REDUCED TO CORPORAL IN CONJUNCTION WITH ACCESSION ON THE AR PROGRAM WILL BE ASSIGNED A DATE OF RANK BY CMC (RAP) BASED ON THEIR ACTIVE DUTY POINTS RELATIVE TO INCUMBENT CORPORALS ON THE AR PROGRAM IN THE SAME MOS. BASED ON THE LINEAL LIST FOR THE RESPECTIVE MOS, THE NEW ACCESSION’S DATE OF RANK WILL BE BETWEEN THE CORPORAL WHO HAS THE NEXT HIGHER AND NEXT LOWER ARMED FORCES ACTIVE DUTY BASE DATE.
(5) MARINES ASSESSED AT THE RANK OF SERGEANT WHO DO NOT REQUIRE A LATERAL MOVE WILL HAVE ONE DAY ADDED TO THEIR EXISTING DATE OF RANK FOR EACH DAY NOT ON ACTIVE DUTY IN GRADE. FOR EXAMPLE, A SERGEANT WHOSE DATE OF RANK IS 1 FEBRUARY 2010, SEPARATED FROM THE ACTIVE COMPONENT ON 1 OCTOBER 2010, DRILLED WITH THE SMCR FROM 2 OCTOBER 2010 THROUGH 31 AUGUST 2011 AND ACCESSED TO THE AR PROGRAM ON 1 SEPTEMBER 2011 WILL HAVE THEIR DATE OF RANK ADJUSTED TO 17 DECEMBER 2010, CALCULATED AS FOLLOWS:
TOTAL DAYS IN GRADE WHEN ACCESSED (1 SEP 11 MINUS 1 FEB 10): 570 DAYS
ACTIVE DUTY POINTS IN GRADE (240 ACTIVE PLUS 14 SMCR AT): 254 DAYS
EQUALS DAYS NOT ON ACTIVE DUTY IN GRADE (570 MINUS 254): 316 DAYS
ADJUSTED DATE OF RANK (1 FEB 10 PLUS 316 DAYS): 17 DEC 2010
4. IMPLEMENTATION. FOR ALL APPLICANTS WHO HAD NOT YET BEEN ACCEPTED FOR ACCESSION BY 6 JUNE 2011, NEW STATEMENTS OF UNDERSTANDING (SOU) FOR RANK AND DATE OF RANK ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH THEIR ACCEPTANCE LETTERS. AN UPDATED SOU HAS BEEN PROVIDED TO MCRC PSR FOR USE WITH ALL NEW APPLICANTS TO THE AR PROGRAM.
5. RELEASE AUTHORIZED BY MAJGEN D. L. MOORE, DIRECTOR, RESERVE AFFAIRS DIVISION.//